Email and remote access, and BYOD have left employers vulnerable to malicious attacks from outsiders and careless insiders. Businesses are under more pressure than ever to secure their information from internal and external threats, and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and other monitoring tools can be a key part of this effort. But a company that embarks on a monitoring program without careful planning can find itself in a legal minefield. Is it possible to deploy DLP and other monitoring tools without ending up at odds with your employees, works councils, and privacy regulators? Join Morrison & Foerster on December 9th as we discuss the latest developments concerning employee monitoring and work through real-world hypothetical situations facing employers.
Topics Will Include:
- Data Loss Prevention – what is it, how does it work, and why use it?
- Other types of monitoring companies use
- Legal issues under data protection laws, labor laws, and communications secrecy laws
- Regulation in the U.S. and abroad
- Best practices for employee monitoring
To register for this timely webinar click here.